Image 1 of 1

06-bw_ec_20111015_634.jpg

The mini mart was built in 1932 as a car repair shop—the lifts are still under the concrete floor. When George Combs remodeled the shop into a diner and grocery, he was told that he wouldn't make more than two dollars a day from the food. Now, Jim and Connie Hatton own the store, and the diner makes more money than the grocery. Photographed on Oct. 14, 201. Photo by Emily Cedargren